Members of ALA and LONACI gather for a group photo after the WLA/ALA joint seminar on innovation and sustainable development.
Coinciding with the fiftieth anniversary of the establishment of the National Lottery of Côte d’Ivoire (LONACI) members of the African Lottery Association (ALA) came together to discuss innovation and sustainable development in an Africa lottery context in Abidjan on March 4 and 5, 2020.
As reported in the WLA blog back mid-last year, Apple announced numerous changes to their App Store Review Guidelines on Monday, June 3 2019, including new requirements for real-money gaming apps. The changes to the guidelines, which were announced rather abruptly and with little warning, were intended to ensure Apple could have the final say on which lottery and betting apps, if any, were qualified for the App Store.
- COVID-19 cases top 1.25 million as one-third of the world goes on lockdown
- Lottomatica, SELAE, and ONCE suspend all sales as China Sports and China Welfare resume operations on a rolling basis
- North American lotteries suspend VLT operations and close prize redemption claim centers
- Sports betting hit by adjournment of major events and competitions including the English Premier League, Italy’s Serie A, Euro 2020, and the 2020 Summer Olympics
- All casinos in Las Vegas close as Macau casinos cautiously reopen
- Major turf events including the Kentucky Derby and the Grand National postponed as horse racing is cancelled or moved behind closed doors
- US congress approves USD 2.2 trillion relief package as 10 million Americans file for unemployment
- H2 Global Gaming's 2020 total gambling forecast now downgraded 12.1% on pre-outbreak estimates.
- About us
- Responsible Gaming
- WLA Seminars
- Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Scam Protection
- Legal Advice