INTRALOT announces y-o-y Revenue (+4.3%) and EBITDA (+1.9%) growth for 1Q18
INTRALOT SA (RIC: INLr.AT, Bloomberg: INLOT GA), an international gaming solutions and operations leader, announces its financial results for the three month period ended March 31st, 2018, prepared in accordance with IFRS.
- Revenue and EBITDA growth of +12.7% and +15.6% year over year respectively on a constant currency basis.
- Group Revenues increased by 4.3% in 1Q18, compared to 1Q17.
- EBITDA in the three-month period grew by 1.9% year over year.
- EBITDA margins on sales and on GGR both contracted by 0.3pps (at 15.2%) and 0.2pps (at 30.1%), respectively.
- EBT margin developed to 4.7% (-0.5pps vs. 1Q17).
- NIATMI (Net Income After Tax and Minority Interest) from continuing operations remained relatively stable vs. last year, developing to €-6.0m from €-6.1m.
- Operating Cash Flow in 1Q18 below last year by -8.4% or €-3.3m
- Net Debt stood at €528.3m, up €17.6m compared to December 31st 2017.
- In early May 2018, the US Supreme Court has ruled that PASPA (the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act), a 1992 federal law which prohibited states from legalizing sports betting, is unconstitutional.
- In May 2018, Intralot welcomed Mr. Michael Kogeler, as its new Group Chief Operating Officer.
Group Headline Figures
|(in € million)||1Q18||1Q17||%
|EBITDA Margin (% on Revenue)||15.2%||15.5%||-0.3pps||15.4%|
|EBITDA Margin (% on GGR)||30.1%||30.3%||-0.2pps||29.6%|
|EBT Margin (%)||4.7%||5.2%||-0.5pps||0.9%|
|NIATMI from continuing operations||-6.0||-6.1||1.6%||-58.5|
|NIATMI from total operations||-6.0||-5.4||-11.1%||-54.0|
|Operating Cash Flow||35.9||39.2||-8.4%||150.7|
INTRALOT Group CEO Antonios Kerastaris noted:
“The 2018 Q1 results show stronger sales and continuing growth in developed markets, reflecting increasingly successful market development efforts along with an upgrade of our offering with next generation products and services for Lotteries digital transformation. Emphasis remains on growth in markets such as the United States where the recent lift of the federal ban on sports betting creates tremendous business opportunities from the rise of a potential USD 20bn market in annual GGR terms, on top of great prospects in new flagship projects such as the Illinois State Lottery.”
You can find the full report here
About INTRALOT (www.intralot.com)
INTRALOT, a public listed company established in 1992, is a leading gaming solutions supplier and operator active in 51 regulated jurisdictions around the globe. With €1.1 billion turnover and a global workforce of approximately 5,100 employees (3,100 of which in subsidiaries and 2,000 in associates) in 2017, INTRALOT is an innovation – driven corporation focusing its product development on the customer experience. The company is uniquely positioned to offer to lottery and gaming organizations across geographies market-tested solutions and retail operational expertise. Through the use of a dynamic and omni-channel approach, INTRALOT offers an integrated portfolio of best-in-class gaming systems and product solutions & services addressing all gaming verticals (Lottery, Betting, Interactive, VLT). Players can enjoy a seamless and personalized experience through exciting games and premium content across multiple delivery channels, both retail and interactive. INTRALOT has been awarded with the prestigious WLA Responsible Gaming Framework Certification by the World Lottery Association (WLA) for its global lottery operations.
Mr. Chris Sfatos
Phone: +30-210 6156000
Fax: +30-210 6106800