AMV BBDO creates new National Lottery campaign focusing on real winner stories and ‘surprise and delight’ statistics
A new National Lottery campaign launches next week. Created by AMV BBDO – and initially launching on radio, social media and OOH – the campaign aims to demonstrate and celebrate the volume and variety of prizes won on The National Lottery, while at the same time making an emotional connection around that moment of becoming a millionaire that everyone has dreamed of.
The new work will use real winners’ responses to winning life-changing prizes, as well as providing surprising, fun and meaningful facts about winning – using Camelot’s huge bank of winner data. So, at any one time, audiences might hear or see an advert containing an emotional real-life call into the National Lottery hotline from a player confirming a £1 million win, while the same day seeing a bus stop poster revealing that The National Lottery creates the same number of winners every minute as there are people on a packed rush-hour double-decker bus.
Arabella Gilchrist, Head of Parent Brand for The National Lottery, said:
“The National Lottery plays a vital role in contributing to Good Causes throughout the UK – raising more than £30 million every week – and at the same time awards around eight million prizes weekly. These surprising facts and real-life winner stories will help remind players that real people, like them, are winning on The National Lottery all the time.”
The campaign launches on Monday 3rd April and will incorporate radio, OOH and social media. As the campaign develops, there will be further executions through-the- line and across The National Lottery’s own channels.
About Camelot UK (www.camelotgroup.co.uk)
- Camelot UK Lotteries Limited is the licensed operator of The National Lottery ® and is committed to raising money for National Lottery Good Causes designated by Parliament. Camelot is not responsible for distributing or awarding these funds.
- Each week, Camelot generates over £30 million for National Lottery-funded projects – in total, £36 billion has now been raised and more than 500,000 individual grants have been made across the UK, the biggest programme of civic and social regeneration since the 19th Century.
- The National Lottery has so far awarded over £61 billion in prizes and created more than 4,400 millionaires or multi-millionaires since its launch in 1994.
- Camelot runs the most cost-efficient major lottery in Europe, with around 4% of total revenue spent on operating costs.
- The UK National Lottery is ranked at just 52nd in the world in terms of per capita spend, despite being the fifth largest lottery in the world by sales – clear evidence of Camelot’s longstanding commitment to being a responsible operator (Source: La Fleur’s 2016 World Lottery Almanac).
- For further information on Camelot, The National Lottery and its games, please visit: www.camelotgroup.co.uk and www.national-lottery.co.uk.
- Players of all National Lottery games must be aged 16 or over.
Camelot Press Office:
020 7632 5711