Carrus Gaming will deliver its latest generation of ELITE-terminals, which offer retailers speed and ease of processing documents (e.g. play slips, receipts, instant tickets, etc.), as well as new opportunities for designing innovative play slips for special events.
Thanks to the new design of the ELITE-terminal, embedding dual-access to the reading area, LOTTO Bayern will enhance and improve the customer experience and provide greater transparency throughout the gaming process. Both the accompanying software and Terminal Management Suite will be developed in partnership with FDJ Gaming Solutions, a subsidiary of the French lottery operator, la Française des Jeux.
The rollout of the ELITE-terminals will take place in the second half of 2022.
“We are proud to extend our presence in Germany through this new project with LOTTO Bayern, one of the largest German gambling operators to select our solutions. We are pleased to see that our R&D investments in camera-based lottery terminals are setting the new market standard.”
– Timothée Carrus, CEO of Groupe Carrus
About LOTTO Bayern
State-owned, LOTTO Bayern is one of Germany’s largest gambling operators, running approximately 3,500 licensed retail outlets and also operating both online and mobile sales. With a diverse range of products, LOTTO Bayern offers lotteries, instant tickets and sports bets in LOTTO shops as well as casino games (such as roulette, blackjack, poker) and slot machine games in the nine Bavarian casinos.
The company's annual proceeds in Bavaria – over 400 million Euros - support many state programs, including sports, welfare, monument protection and nature conservation.
About Groupe Carrus
Specializing in providing services and technological solutions dedicated to horse racing, lottery and sports betting operators, Groupe Carrus comprises 4 separate divisions:
- CPM, the longstanding company responsible for handling bets at racecourses, including logistics, technical solutions and betting operations.
- PMC, designing technological solutions for horse racing betting operators.
- Carrus Gaming, recently acquired from IDEMIA in 2020, develops terminals, software solutions and services for both racing and sports betting operators, and lotteries. This acquisition consolidates Groupe Carrus’s presence among horse racing operators and diversifies into lottery and sports betting.
- The company also runs San Sebastian racetrack in Spain’s Basque Country, where it manages betting operations on-site and across a chain of 12 betting shops in the region. This provides a great insight into how its customers, the betting operators, run their business, and some of the challenges at stake.