The World Lottery Association (WLA) is a non-profit, member-based organization of state-authorized lottery and gaming organizations, as well as suppliers to the lottery industry. The WLA represents the interests of, and provides services to, more than 150 state-authorized lottery organizations and more than 75 suppliers to the lottery and sports betting industry from around the globe. Member revenues are in excess of USD 300 billion, with all lottery members contributing the majority of their net revenues to good causes. WLA lottery and supplier members come from over 80 countries across all five continents. The association has four official languages: English, Spanish, French, and German.
Main areas of responsibility
- Travel organization and accommodation for the Executive Director (ED) and WLA Staff.
- The organization of WLA Executive Committee meetings and the WLA's biennial General Meeting in cooperation with the WLA General Secretary (GS) located in our Montréal office.
- Administration, member services and bookkeeping
- Correspondence with members and potential members
- Bookkeeping: invoicing, reminders, keeping invoice ledgers
- Expense accounting for the ED and WLA Staff
- Drafting of correspondence on behalf of the ED.
- Liaising with the Swiss Chamber of Commerce as needed
- Working with the ED and the GS to perform due diligence on membership and associate membership applications
- Preparing and publishing news on the WLA’s social media channels
- Distribution of the WLA’s print publications
- Conventions and Seminars
- Registration and payment management
- Ad hoc support for the administration and organization of congresses and seminars
- Preparing shipments of promotional material to various conference and seminar venues around the world
- Database and filing
- The collection of member data for the WLA contact database
- The daily maintenance of the WLA contact database to ensure that membership data is up to date
- The distribution of electronic mailings through the WLA contact database
- Collecting and filing of hard copy information about the membership (annual reports, etc.)
You are an energetic and well-organized individual who can work independently and yet integrate into a small team. You have a commercial education, gained through your work experience in similar positions, and are an advanced user of Microsoft Office 365 applications. You are flexible, yet work in a structured fashion. As an open minded, communicative, and empathetic person, you build relationships easily, convincing not only through your skills but also through your personality. Proficiency in English (ideally your mother tongue) and French, written as well as spoken, is a prerequisite. A good command of German and Spanish would also be to your advantage.
We offer you
We offer you interesting, international contacts and the opportunity to use your language skills on a daily basis, in a professional environment with high ethical standards.
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to send a complete Curriculum Vitae (CV), with photo, along with all relevant certificates by February 14, 2020 to:
World Lottery Association
E-mail: [email protected]