Lausanne, December 16, 2020 – Following the resignation of Sami Kauhanen from his post at our Finnish member, Veikkhaus at the end of August 2020, to take on new challenges, the Membership of GLMS elected this month Lori Sullivan, Executive VP and COO at Canada’s Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation to fill the spot.
Lori has served in a senior capacity in the lottery and gaming industry for almost a decade. As Executive Vice President (EVP) and Chief Operating Officer (COO) at OLG, she is currently responsible for the business performance of OLG lines of business including sports betting, which uphold high standards of game integrity, regulatory compliance, player protection, responsible gambling and social responsibility. Prior to joining OLG, Lori was a partner at the law firm Davies, Ward, Phillips & Vineberg LLP as a corporate transactional attorney.
The GLMS Executive Committee is comprised of eight members, each from a different country, including:
- Four members elected at a Regular General Meeting;
- Four members appointed by the founding Collective Members – EL and WLA-, (two each).
“I am pleased to be able to support the efforts of GMLS to promote and ensure the integrity of worldwide sports betting”
– Lori Sullivan
Ludovico Calvi, GLMS president shared,
”I am really delighted to welcome Lori on our GLMS Executive Committee. She brings to GLMS tremendous experience not only as a prominent North American Lottery Executive but also as the former OLG General Counsel. She is currently responsible for the business performance of OLG’s lines of business including sports betting which upholds high standards of game integrity, regulatory compliance, player protection, responsible gambling and social responsibility. I am confident that Lori will enhance the profile and awareness of GLMS among North American industry partners, stakeholders, regulators, policy makers, sport organizations and law enforcement agencies. It is one of our strategic priorities to acquire new members in North America, as many States and Provinces are regulating sports betting and there is a need to advocate and educate legislators and policy makers on best practices for creating and implementing effective integrity measures for a responsible and sustainable betting market environment”.
In accordance with the GLMS Statutes, Members of the Executive Committee sit as individuals and may not be replaced by representatives. They exercise their role as Executive Committee members in complete independence and receive no instructions from others.
The current GLMS Executive Committee Members until Spring 2021 are:
- Ludovico Calvi (President, from Lottomatica, Italy)
- Rupert Bolingbroke (Vice-President, from Hong Kong Jockey Club, Hong Kong)
- Younès El-Mechrafi (from La Marocaine des Jeux et des Sports, Morocco)
- Niels Erik Folmann (from Danske Spil, Denmark)
- Fabian Garcia (from La Banca, Uruguay)
- Ilho Lee (from Ktoto, South Korea)
- Gilles Maillet (from La Française des Jeux, France)
- Lori Sullivan (from Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation, Canada)
About GLMS (glms-sport.org)
GLMS is the state lotteries’ mutualized monitoring system on sports betting. It aims at detecting and analyzing suspicious betting activities that could question the integrity of a sport competition. Building on six years of experience with the establishment in 2009 of ELMS with European Lotteries, GLMS went global in January 2015 extending the network to other continents. GLMS facilitates the sharing of sports betting information as part of the collective efforts of its members in ensuring sports integrity globally, and is dedicated to effective cooperation with all key stakeholders: regulators, law enforcement authorities, sports organizations. GLMS currently has:
- 33 Individual Members from 4 continents
- Africa: La Marocaine des Jeux et des Sports, Morocco, Loterie Nationale du Sénégal – Senegal
- Asia: China Sports Lottery – China, Hong Kong Jockey Club – Hong Kong, Singapore Pools – Singapore, Ktoto Co – South Korea
- Europe: Österreichische Lotterien - Austria, Loterie Nationale – Belgium, Hrvatska Lutrija – Croatia, SAZKA – Czech Republic, Danske Spil – Denmark, Veikkaus – Finland, La Française Des Jeux – France, Loto Bayern – Germany, Opap SA – Greece, Szerencsejatek – Hungary, Islenk Getspa – Iceland, Israel Sports Betting Board - Israel, Lottomatica – Italy, Sisal – Italy, Maltco Lotteries Ltd – Malta, Norsk Tipping – Norway, Santa Casa De Misericordia da Lisboa – Portugal, STOLOTO – Russia, Sportna Loterija – Slovenia, Svenska Spel – Sweden, Loterie Romande – Switzerland, Swisslos – Switzerland, Nederlandse Loterij, The Netherlands
- North America: Loto-Québec- Canada, OLG – Canada
- South America: Polla Chilena de Beneficencia – Chile, Banca de Quinielas de Montevideo – Uruguay
- TWO Collective Members: European Lotteries Association (EL) and World Lottery Association (WLA)
- 6 Associate Members:
- General – ODDSET GmbH
- Suppliers – IGT, INTRALOT, Scientific Games International (SGI), Sporting Solutions
- Sport – Cyprus Sports Organization
- 1 Regulating Member: Tennessee Education Lottery Corporation
Giancarlo Sergi, GLMS General Secretary
Cassandra Fernandes, GLMS Legal and Projects manager