About the WLA
The World Lottery Association (WLA) is a member-based organization to advance the interests of state-authorized lotteries.
Our vision is for the WLA to be recognized as the global authority on the lottery business, to uphold the highest ethical principles, and to support our members in achieving their vision for their own communities.
Our values are based on a commitment to the highest standards of corporate responsibility, including the WLA Responsible Gaming Principles and Framework, and respect for the duly authorized legal systems which determine where, and in what form, gaming products can be provided to the citizens of a particular geographical or national territory. The WLA is committed to sharing knowledge and experience amongst its members, and to improving their business in the interest of stakeholders as determined by the authorities in their respective jurisdictions.
Our core values are:
highest standards of corporate and social responsibilities
transparency and accountability
excellence in service to our members, to all stakeholders and in our performance.
To achieve our mission and vision our core objectives are:
- To collect and disseminate information about the lottery business and other areas of relevance
- To establish standards of best practice
- To establish ethical standards
- To provide educational and professional development services (conferences, seminars), information and reference services to our members
- To provide a united voice together with the regional associations so that our members may have a respected reference point and consistent messages and information to provide to those in authority.
The World Lottery Association was formed in August 1999 by combining AILE, the International Association of State Lotteries, and Intertoto, the International Association of Toto and Lotto Organizations.
- Global professional association of state lottery and gaming organizations from more than 80 countries on 6 continents.
- Numerous associate members from the supplier industry worldwide.
- Member revenues in excess of $250 billion.
- All members adhere to the strictest standards of social responsibility, responsible gaming, security and risk management.
- All members contribute the majority of net revenues to good causes.