Thank you for attending the WLS 2012
Dear Friends and Lottery Colleagues,
Many heartfelt thanks for all those who made the World Lottery Summit 2012 a huge success. More than 1500 participants from around the globe came to experience a 'World of Opportunities' à la Montréalaise.
WLS 2012 featured a stunning and informative business program, with the likes of Paralympics gold medal winner Chantal Petitclerc, renowned business scholar Michael Porter, and digital media guru Robert Tercek. We were not only presented with the opportunities open to our industry but were also reminded of the challenges we face. More importantly, we left Montreal with the inspiration to turn those challenges into opportunities.
The WLS 2012 also offered one of the largest and liveliest trade shows ever, with approximately 50 international exhibitors on hand to present the latest innovations in lottery technology. We had the pleasure of greeting many of our industry colleagues and were fortunate to cultivate new acquaintances. The opportunities for personal networking that such a gathering affords is of great value to our global lottery community.
This biennial get-together is also a time of celebration. The social program gave us the chance to commemorate the growth of the world lottery community, to reflect on our achievements, and to honor those that have made this industry a preeminent means of sustaining good causes globally.
In closing, a word of appreciation must be directed to:
- The Loto-Québec organizing team who dedicated many long hours to the success of this event,
- The volunteers who were helpful, friendly, and entertaining throughout the convention,
- Our contributors whose support make such important events possible,
- The staffs of NASPL and the WLA whose collaboration on this event was extraordinarily fruitful,
- The more than 1500 participants whose energy and enthusiasm were the spirit of this celebration.
The WLA now sets its sights on its next biennial convention and trade show, the World Lottery Summit to be hosted by Lottomatica in Rome, Italy in 2014.
President / CEO
Outgoing NASPL President